The primary objectives of the Global Challenger Program are to enhance students’ awareness and understanding of international social and scientific issues and initiatives, and to develop their analytical and problem solving skills through firsthand experience in a foreign setting. The program offers participants an opportunity to adopt a broader perspective on topics related to their academic field through interaction with foreign cultures and visits to key institutions and organizations in a country of their choosing.
All KNU undergraduate and graduate students, including full-time international students, are eligible to take part in the program.
NOTE : The following groups are not eligible for the program:
- Students on a leave of absence
- Students who have participated in a previous Global Challenger Program
- Students due to graduate in the upcoming semester
- Exchange students who are studying at KNU
- 3 students can form a group based on members' interests or majors.
NOTE : The objective for visiting a particular country must not be merely for travelling, but for extending and enhancing knowledge of related majors.
- Each team should submit a detailed travel and summer school plan.
- All submissions will be screened. Those shortlisted will be contacted to arrange interviews.
- Funds will be awarded to selected teams.
- Every team should submit a report of their international experience to be shared with other students.
Once a year
Spring Semester: at the beginning of April
The Maximum number of teams to be selected
11 teams (3 teams to Asia, 6 teams to Europe, 2 teams to the Americas)
* The number of teams will be changed every year depends on budgets.
Teams are free to choose the research issues for their excursion.
- Initial proposal screening
- Presentation and interview
Places for Visiting
Any regions or countries except those restricted by the Korean Foreign Affairs and Trade Department.
Maximum Funds to be allotted for Individuals (students)
- Asia Region: KRW 1,000,000
- Other Regions: KRW 1,800,000
For more information
Please contact the Office of International Affairs at email@example.com