Global-City Daegu UCC Contest
- Global-City Daegu UCC Contest -
Create a short video about your life in Daegu and win a prize!xml:namespace prefix = o />
○ Eligibility: Teams of international students representing two or more countries
○ How to apply:
- Make a video (running time 10 minutes or less)
- Submit your video CD along with an application form (attached) to the KNU Office of International Affairs by May 24, 2013
○ Announcement of winners: May 28, 2013 on KNU web site
▸ 1 Grand Prize of KRW 700,000
▸ 2 Runner-up Prizes of KRW 300,000
▸ 3 Participation Prizes of KRW 200,000
※ For all those who don't win any of the top prizes, KRW 100,000 will be given.
This event is a part of the 2013 Dongseongno Festival, and you will be competing with students from other local universities.
○ Subject of video: Introduce Daegu and KNU focusing on things such as:
▸ scenery, history, culture, food, daily life
▸ festivals in Daegu, such as the Herbal Medicine Culture Festival (May 8-12), or the Dongseongno Festival (May 17-19)
▸ Buddhist festivals and activities such as the lighting of lotus lanterns for Buddha's Birthday (May 17); the statue of Buddha in Donghwa Temple; temple stays, etc.
▸ cultural activities at the Museum of Natural Dye Arts, Korean Bronze ware, etc.
▸ medi-tour featuring cosmetic surgery, skin care, medical check-up, herb medicine, etc.
▸ cultural tours featuring Modern Alley, Bongsan Culture Street, Mt. Palgong, etc
▸ city tours featuring Daegu Stadium, Daegu Opera House, EXCO, etc.
▸ local cuisine tour featuring traditional markets, Steamed Galbi Street, Deulangil, etc.
▸ Kyungpook National University featuring the campus, campus life, etc.
○ Language: You can make a video either in your language or in English.
If you are making one in your native language, please add English subtitles to the video.