Since its opening in 1959, with the objective of collecting, storing, exhibiting, and researching relics from prehistoric to modern times, the KNU Museum has played a pivotal role as a cultural facility in the Gyeong-buk region. The Museum recently conducted a survey of Korean cultural relics, and held a special exhibition to promote education inhistory and culture, and to provide the community with a greater understanding of the lifestyles and experiences of the past, and broaden perspectives on Korean society and culture.
- ContactsTEL : +82-53-950-6537
- Permanent exhibition; special exhibitions
- Opportunities for students and staff to view cultural relics and historical artifacts
- Field trips and educational experiences for elementary, middle school, high school students
- Educational experiences for underprivileged children in the region
- Panoramicview of Museum
- Lobby(1st Floor)
- Exhibition Hall
- Special Exhibition Hall
Natural History Museum
The Natural History Museum was officially opened on May 6th, 2004 in Gunwi-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do, under the objective of collecting, storing, and exhibiting materials from the fields of biology, earth science, anthropology, and history.
- Collection, management, conservation, and exhibition of natural history items
- Contribution to university education and academic development by supporting research activities in various areas such as biology and geology.
- Location2228, Gyeongbuk-daero, Hyoryeong-myeon, Gunwi-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
- ContactsTEL : +82-54-383-7026
- Opportunities for local residents to view various exhibitions related with Natural History
- A field trip destination to experience natural wonders of the past and the present
- Support for the obtaining of certificates in related fields (e.g. Curator work experience accreditation authority)
- Support for internal and external academic research in various fields by providing access to samples
- Panoramicviewof Museum
- Outdoor rest area
- Exhibition Hall1
- Exhibition Hall2
- Museum Storage
Since its establishment in 2006, the Art Museum has conducted exhibitions and research focusing on modern art and artistic expression. As a public facility, and as the first University Art Museum in the region, the Art Museum develops and provides various exhibitions, academic conferences, and educational programs with the aim of becoming a specialized organization and complex cultural space bringing together various and interacting genres.
- LocationKyungpook National University North gate DGB Culture center 2F
- ContactsTEL : +82-53-950-7968
- Special exhibitionsfocusing on local and internationalartists
- Gallery talks and lectures
- Docent servicesofferingexplanations of exhibitions and artworks
- A field trip destination for students and adults