2018 KNU Global Summer School Program(English)
The KNU 3-week Global Summer School brings together students and academics for a unique intercultural experience through provoking lectures of global issues and leadership. All courses are taught either in English or Korean, and you will take courses with Korean students as well as other participants from all over the world.
About KNU Global Summer School
- Eligibility : International Students from America, Europe, and Asia Countries of Partner Institution (Undergraduate&Graduate Students)
- Dates : July 16, 2018 ~ August 3, 2018 (3weeks)
- Credit : 15 Courses/ 3Credits (1 Course: 45Hours)
Tuition & Fees
USD 900(Tuition, Housing, Registration fees are included)
※ Tuition fee is waved for students from partner universities.
|Tuition||USD300||Waived for students from partner universities|
|Housing Fee||USD250||Including breakfast|
|Cultural Activities Fee||USD650|
- For students from partner universities, total fee is USD 900
- Wire program's fee to Daegu Bank, Kyungpook National University Branch. 532-10-123035-5
- Swift code : DAEBKR22
* Commission charged
※ Please be sure to write exactly the name of applicants or partner university when you transfer.
|By Jun.1||100% refund|
|From Jun.2 to Jun.15||50% refund|
※ Please Note: Bank-transfer charges will be deducted from refunds given to students who cancel their program applications.
- Morning : Classes
- Afternoon : Cultural Activities (Taekwondo, K-Pop Dance, Trying on Hanbok & Tea Ceremony, Samulnori(Korean traditional Percussion quartet))
- Field Trips & Industrial Visit: Daegu(Metropolitan Police Agency), Busan(Yonggung Temple, Haeundae beach, Nurimaru APEC House), Mungyung(Water Sledding), Gumi(Samsung Mobile factory)
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
Courses are held Mon. to Fri. morning (9am -12pm) and all courses are 3 credits each.
|Course Title||Lecturer||Home University||Syllabus|
|Global Affairs: Understanding the World Today||Bohdan Szklarski||University of Warsaw|
|Politics of China||Zhiqun Zhu||Bucknell University|
|DNA: the ultimate code for life||Balazs Veres||University of Pécs|
|Strategic Management (Capstone Design)||Ling Hu||University of Science and Technology Beijing|
|Electronic Commerce||Malgorzata Pankowska||University of Economics in Katowice|
|Automatic Control||Balint Kiss||Budapest University of Technology & Economics|
|C Programming & Practice||Paul Doyle||Dublin Institute of Technology|
|Operating Systems||Murad Khan||Sarhad University of Science & Information Technology|
|Data Structure||Tonny Oyana||Makerere University|
|Korean Language 1||Minji An||Kyungpook National University|
Please type name of class when you make the application form through KNU website.
All participants will be assigned a double-occupancy room in the KNU on-campus dormitories (2 students per room). Rooms are furnished with beds, mattresses, cabinets, desks, chairs, and bookshelves. Breakfast is provided at the dormitory cafeteria.
※ Participants should prepare their own toiletries, towel and slippers
KNU arranges student buddies for program participants, to help them settle in when they arrive, and to facilitate various experiences in South Korea.
How to apply
May.7 – May. 11
Partner universities nominate students via e-mail to email@example.com
Applicants complete an on-line application at
the KNU website(http://en.knu.ac.kr) and send a copy of remittance of program fee via e-mail
After confirm remittance
KNU will issue a Letter of Acceptance, which will be e-mailed to each applicant
- We’ll inform ID & PW for on-line application after getting nomination
- If some applicants need original letter of acceptance for issuing visa, please let us know visa e-mail.
Ms. Soonhyang Lee (Student Exchange Coordinator)
Office of International Affairs, Kyungpook National University
80 Daehak-ro, Buk-gu, Daegu, Korea
Tel : (82)53-950-2424
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org