|Hungary||Budapest University of Technology and Economics||IT Engineering|
|Poland||Warsaw University of Technology||IT Engineering|
|Poland||Warsaw School of Economics||Economics|
|Poland||Warsaw University||Business Administration, Political Sciences|
|Slovenia||University of Ljubljana||Business Administration, IT Engineering|
|UK||Northumbria University||Business Administration|
|Ireland||Dublin Institute of Technology||Computer Science|
|Finland||Metropolia University of Applied Sciences||IT Engineering|
|Italy||Ca' Foscari University of Venice||Korean Education|
|France||ICN Business School||Business Administration|
|Vietnam||Vietnam National University of Agriculture||Plant Biosciences|
※ Applicants are highly recommended to consult with their home university coordinator before applying for the program.
- Currently enrolled on undergraduate program at KNU partner institution mentioned above.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Language proficiency either in Korean or in English
- Student who completed at least two years of study at their home institution. (Applicants are highly recommended to check the details regarding the eligibility on the Agreement)
|Starting Semester||Nomination Deadline||Application Deadline||Notification f Acceptance by E-mail||Acceptance packet sent by|
|2018 Fall Semester||April 20, 2018||May 18, 2018||mid-July||Late July|
|2019 Spring Semester||October 26, 2018||November 16, 2018||mid-January||Late January|
※ Applicants have to be nominated first before applying for the program.
- Online Application Form – fill out on-line application here and print it out
- Letter of Nomination from applicant’s home university
- Official Transcript from applicant’s home university (100-point grading scales)
- A Copy of Valid Passport (face page)
- A color ID photo
- BA Diploma (if any)
※ Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL/TOEIC) submission is NOT required.
※ All required documents should be submitted through the online application site below.
Acceptance packet includes Certificate of Acceptance (if needed for visa purposes), Letter of Acceptance, Orientation Letter, Arrival Information Sheet, and other necessary information. The acceptance packet will be sent to your home university so that you can apply for Student VISA.
Academic Calendar(exams included)
- 2018 Fall Semester :August 27, 2018 – December 17, 2018
- 2019 Spring Semester :March 4, 2019 – June 21, 2019
Expected Arrival Date(expected dormitory check-in date)
- 2018 Fall Semester : End of August, 2018
- 2019 Spring Semester : End of February
Orientation for both semesters is given on arrival
- Available on the Website -- http://certp.knu.ac.kr/
- It will be sent to international students’ home university coordinators in July (Spring Semester) / February (Fall Semester)
A variety of courses are offered in English by individual colleges and departments, along with courses specially designed to offer a new perspective and understanding of Korea.
The list of courses taught in English will be available in January for the following spring semester or July for the following fall semester. In addition, this list will be sent to all accepted Double Degree students by e-mail with instructions on course registration.
The normal course load for students at KNU is 5-6 courses. Most KNU classes are three-credit courses and in order to get three credits in KNU, students have to complete 45 hours of studies (3 hours X 15 weeks). (1 course = 3 US credits, 45 class hours per semester, including exam period)
- Undergraduate : Maximum number of credit that undergraduate students can take per semester is 21 credit (seven courses) including three internship credit.
- Graduate : Maximum number of credit that graduate students can take per semester is 9 credit (three courses) including three internship credit.
Based on a diverse network of Korean companies, including multi-national conglomerates, SMEs, local government, and NGOs, KNU offers international students the chance to integrate a part-time internship into their exchange semester.
English is used as the language of communication, and activities range according to the background and skills of the individual student and the needs of the host company.
The internships are arranged at the beginning of the semester, and last for 12 weeks based on 12 hours per week for 3 credits. Most internships are unpaid.
Full-time internship options are also available during the summer and winter vacations.
All Double Degree students are automatically assigned to a room (shared) at on-campus dormitories. The dormitory fee for one semester is around USD1,000, which includes three meals per day at the dormitory cafeteria.
KNU Student Buddy Program
All Double Degree students are assigned a Korean student buddy who will help you adjust to a life at KNU. Your buddy will contact you via e-mail prior to your departure for Korea.
For More Information
If you need further information or any help, please contact Exchange/Double Degree Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or +82-53-950-2425