This course is designed to offer Korean language instruction to Koreans from overseas and foreigners who have completed high school and who are enrolled at KNU. Before instruction begins, students must take a placement test to determine their level. Qualified, experienced instructors with a Master’s degree or higher in the humanities or social sciences will use various approaches and audio-visual materials to facilitate interactive education.
In addition, our program of Korean cultural exploration will provide excellent opportunities for students to understand Korean culture and traditions
4 semesters/year, 10 weeks/semester (200hours/semester)
5 days/week, 4 hours/day, ※Cultural activity/semester
Excellent Staff of Instructors have years of work experience and advanced degrees in the field of language education A total of 6 levels designed to correspond to students’ development
Scholarships are given on the basis of academic achievement and attendance rates
Diverse Activities to Experience Korean Culture(Field trip, International Student’s Day, International Studnet’s Sports Day etc)
Support for Student Acclimation and Learning Process(KLP BUDDY, KSC etc)
|2020.Summer||03.02~04.03||04.06 ~ 04.10||05.25||06.01~08.07|
|2020.Fall||06.01~07.03||07.06~07.10||08.24||08.31 ~ 11.11|
Schedules for Vietnam Applicants
|2020.Summer||02.02~03.03||03.06 ~ 03.10||05.25||06.01~08.07|
|2020.Fall||05.01~06.03||06.06~06.10||08.24||08.31 ~ 11.11|
※ Schedules may be subject to change.
※ In case sstudents cannot arrive before the date of placement test, it may be necessary to take the placement test separately.
Korean Language Courses
- Student-Centered Learning with a Systematic Curriculum
A total of 6 levels designed to correspond to students’ development
Advanced placement tests to match students’ abilities
Systtmatic courses reflect learners’ needs considering the characteristics of Korean Language
Integrated language courses include speaking, listening, writing, grammar, vocabulary, pronuniciation, expressions and comprehension
Intimately connection Korea and Korean culture with textbooks and lesson plans
More than 90% of graduates of Korean language courses go on to study their undergraduate degree at KNU
- Comfortable and Effective Educational Enviro
A limit of 15 students per class
Active and interesting learning techniques using multimedia in classrooms
Grading and general counselling provided by homeroom teachers
- Excellent Staff of Instructors
Instructors have years of work experience and advanced degrees in the field of language education
Instructors invest great effort in developing effective teaching methods based on varied research activities and teacher-enrichment workshops
- Support for Studnet Acclimation and Learning Process
Scholarships are given on the basis of academic achievement and attendance rates at the end of each semester
Prizes awarded to top-performing students each semester
New students are assigned a KLP-BUDDY to help them adapt to the educational environment
- Diverse Activities to Experience Korean Culture
To help understand Korean history, culture, and life, numerous opportunities are provided to the students
Field trips to historic sites and major Korean corporations
Traditional Korean cooking classes
Trips to water-slide park(summer), snow-sled park(winter), and strawberry farms
|Period||Class Days Per Week||Class Hours Per Day|
|40 weeks||20 hours (Mon. through Fri.)||4 hours|
※ 4 semestersX10 weeks X 5 days * 4 hours = 800 hours
Level Descriptions(Goals and Contents)
|Level||Goals and Contents|
Attendance and Grading Detail
Students are expected to attend classes for more than 80% of the class hours in order to be promoted to the next level. A student may be permitted a leave of absence for conformable reasons such as an accident or illness.
- ① Scholarships will be awarded differently based on outstanding students who rank within the top 28% and register for the next semester by the scholarship criteria.
- ② 2% of students who make the biggest improvement compared to last semester can receive a scholarship.
Applicant submits the documents ▶ Documents reviewed by admissions office ▶ Results announced ▶ Applicant sends tuition fee, application fee, and insurance fee ▶ Official letter of admission sent to applicant ▶ Applicant applies for a visa in the Korean Embassy located in their country ▶ Entering Korea
Foreigners or overseas Koreans who have completed high school or equivalent.
Application Fee, Tuition Fee, and Insurance
- Application Fee : 70,000 KRW per person
- Tuition Fee : 1,300,000 KRW per semester(10weeks)
※ Students are required to purchase the books on their own and it is not included in the tuition fee.
Insurance : Students are required to purchase health insurance.
Account Holder : Kyungpook University
Bank Name : Daegu Bank
Swit Address(Code)：DAEBKR 22
Account Number : 504-10-278966-0
- The exchange rate is calculated according to the rate at the time of payment.
(Note: Due to the floating rate in Korea, the exchange rates will fluctuate.)
- Payment should be in the name of the applicant.
- Personal checks are not accepted.
- Write the applicant’s name on the deposit slip or the receipt after the remittance, and send it to our office by Fax or e-mail.
- Contact us for more details: email@example.com Tel: +82-53-950-2445 Fax: +82-53-950-6724
Postponement, Cancel, Refund
Postponement of enrollment is not possible.
Expect for unavoidable circumstances involving illness, natural disaster, etc.
Students must request and receive permission to cancel their registration.
Tuition will be refunded based on and in accordance with KNU refund regulations.
- Before the semester begins, a full refund is given.
- Within 5 days after the first day of the semester : 80% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
- Within 10 days from the 6th day of the semester : 60% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
- After 10 days from the semester starts : refund is not available.
- ※ Students must submit a refund application with a copy of their bankbook in order to receive a refund. / Screening fee is not refunded.
- 01. Completed Application Form for Korean Language Course Download
- 02. Study Plan (written in Korean or English) Download
- 03. A Copy of the applicant's Passport and Alien Registration Card(if available)
- 04. Bank Statement showing funds held of at least USD 10,000
- 05. 3 passport-sized photos(3.5 x 4.5cm, white background)
- 06. Apostille/Legalization-Academic certificate and Transcript of final degree from current school
- 07. Parents’ Certificate of Employment/Tax payment
- 08. A Copy of Full Birth Certificate
- 09. Certificate of tuberculosis check including a chest X-ray from designated hospitals(Those applicants from high risk countries of tuberculosis)
- 10. Proof of current employment and career (those applicable)
- 11. Certificate showing your Korean skills(those applicable)
- ※All the documents need to be notarized and translated into English or Korean.
- ※All documents should be sent via airmail.
- ※Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
- ※Additional documents may be required for some applicants.
- ※Current Visa holders should ask the office before applying for the program.
Visa(D-4) and Alien Registration
Visa(General Student Visa, D-4)
This visa is for students who are going to study a foreign language. After receiving the admission documents from KNU, apply to the embassy for D-4 visa. Processing of the visa application takes approximately one month and the visa is usually valid for six months.
Campus Life Resources
With one’s student ID card students can read library resources, use computers,and self-study. But using the lending service is not available.
|Resource Library||During semester : 08:00-21:00
During break : 08:00-18:00
|General Reading Room
Floor 1~Floor 4 : 06:00~24:00
Basement reading room : 06:00~the next day 02:00
During exam periods, basement reading room is open 24 hours.
New Year's Day, Chu-suk : closed
※ Subject to change
Sports Promotion Center
With one's student ID card students can use Sports Promotion Center under the same conditions as the KNU students
- Location: 1st Floor at Bokjigwan (Student Union Building), 1st Floor Global Plaza
- Telephone: 950-5280
- Service hour: Mon.-Fri. 09:00-16:00
- Location: Next to Bukmun (KNU North Gate)
- Telephone: 944-1081
- Service hour: Mon.-Fri. 09:00-16:00
- Location: 1st Floor Bokjigwan
- Service hour: 09:00-16:30
- Office of Korean Language Program
- Address: Foreign Language Institute 1F, Kyungpook National University, 80, Daehakro, Buk-gu, Daegu, Korea, Zipcode: 41566
- English: Tel) +82-53-950-2445, Fax) +82-53-950-6724, E-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vietnamese: Tel) +82-53-950-2448, Fax) +82-53-950-6724, E-mail) email@example.com
- Office hours: (Mon-Fri) 9:00am ~ 12:00pm / 1pm ~ 6pm