IT Services, M-STAY
M-stay is a place where students can interact with new forms of cutting-edge media from mobile communications.
- Location#111,112,113,114, 1st Floor, IT Services
- ContactsTEl: +82-53-950-4000 (IT DESK, IT Services)
|IT Services, #111||word processing, internet searching, video lectures, Adobe software access||
|IT Services, #112|
|IT Services, #113|
|IT Services, #114||Document printing, scanning, video editing, statistical programs|
- Print service is available at a cost 30 won per sheet, (only available for A4 sized paper).
- Print Cards for payment can be purchased (with cash only) at the University Computer Center IT help desk, 1st Floor, Room 109. New cards are available at 1,300 won and 3,300 won (initial prices includea 300 won charge for the card). Card recharge is available for 1,000 won or 3,000 won.
- Cards can be purchased at the IT help desk between 09:00-18:00 during weekdays.
How to Use
- Login with your student ID and password(last 7 digits of your Korean residence ID number).
- Ask a staff member if you have questions regarding PC user registration.
- Time of operation and individual hour limits can vary according to individual circumstances.
The Language Institute offers students and community membersopportunities to learn different languages. We offer courses in English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Dutch, Spanish, and Italian, as well asKorean Language Program for foreigners.
- LocationLanguage Institute
- ContactsTEl: +82-53-950-6731~2
Classes startat the beginning of each month. Please visit the Language Institute website for details.view
|English||conversation course||Basic course: defers from lecturers
Advanced course: Level 1~6
|Advanced course||Writing, Interpreting&Presentation, Pronunciation clinic, Interview English, Listening and Speaking Intensive Training|
|Test Preparation Course||TOEIC, TOEIC Speaking, TOEFL, OPIc, TEPS etc,.|
|Chinse||Conversation Course||Basic conversation course~Advanced conversation course|
|Test Preparation Course||HSK|
|Japanese||Conversation||Basic conversationcourse~Advanced conversation course|
|Test Preparation Course||JLPT, JPT|
|Dutch||Conversation||Basic Conversation ~ Overseas Study course|
|Italian||Conversation||Basic Conversation ~ Overseas Study course|
- KELP : This is an intensive English Course with an English native speaker instructor. It focuses onfour basic English language skills; Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing. Studentscan obtain English proficiency without going abroad.
- AEP: This ‘ESL Services' program is developed bythe University of Texas at Austin(UT), which is a prestigious University in English Education. UT lecturers teach the class which focuses mostly on Academic English skills and cultural knowledge. Students who successfully complete the course receive a certificate issued by UT-KNU. In addition, studentswho apply to study at UTwill be exempted from submitting aTOEFL score.
- Korean Language Program: This course offersKorean language instruction to Koreans who were born and grew up overseasand foreigners who have completed high school. Using various audio-visual materials for education, the program providesexcellentopportunities to understand Korean culturewhile developing Korean language proficiency.
TOEIC mock test
KNU provides TOEIC mock exams4 times a year, to motivate students to improve their English skills.
Lifelong Education Center
Our mission is to provide classes to meet the needs of learners,help them achieve self-realization and foster community development.
- Location3rd Floor, DGB Culture Center, next to University Gate01
- ContactsTEL: +82 53-950-6253, 6255
- provide culture classes to community members
- provide quality private qualification courses
- support vulnerable social groups through support business
Science Education Institution for Gifted Youth (SEIGY)
SEIGY aims to developlocal scientific talents and providehigh-levelstudents with educational programs(Intensive training, Professional training, Manager training) designed to develop their research, creative thinking, and problem solving abilities. We identify academically gifted students through paper examinations and personal interviews held every November~December
- LocationAdministration Office(Graduate Education School Bldg, #102), lecture rooms (209,208,210,407,217College of Natural Sciences, Natural Science Bldg.1, Natural Science Bldg.2, Chemistry Bldg., Biology Bldg.)
- 26 Middle School Science Gifted Education classes, 100 hours per year
- Programs for underprivileged students (Future Scientists Summer camp)
- Student output presentation contest (Gifted Students Science Festival)
IT Education Institution for Gifted Youth
The IT Education Institution for Gifted Youthwas founded to develop local IT talent and providehigh-level students with educational programs(Intensive training, Professional training, Manager training) to tap their potential and developtheir creative thinking and problem solving abilities. We identify gifted students through paper examinations and personal interviews held every November~December
- LocationIT Education Institution for Gifted young, 5th floor, College of Engineering Bldg.9
- ContactsTEL: +82-53-950-7388
- 3 Middle school IT Gifted Education classes, 108 hours per year
- Summer camp
English Education Institution for Gifted Youth
The English Education Institution for Gifted Youth providesa 2-year curriculum designed for selected students from the Daegu Metropolitan City area between the ages of five and eight who are gifted in English. We conduct education for gifted children,providing English language skills and knowledge aimed at fostering talents in this globalized era.
- Location1st Floor, Language Institute
- Every Saturday, 126 hours per year
- 2-year curriculum (total 252 hours)
- reading literature, academic and creative writing training
- discussion, debate, presentation skills, logical thinking training
- personality education activities with a professor in charge, and classmates
- End-of-semester Project mentoring
- End-of-semester presentation (4 presentations/2-year curriculum)
- output presentation prepared by students;play, interview, presentation, debate, etc,.
- published asa book of materials written by students.