- College of Humanities
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Economics & Business Administration
- College of Engineering
- College of IT Engineering
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Music and Visual Arts
- Teachers College
- College of Medicine
- College of Dentistry
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Human Ecology
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Ecology and Environmental Science
- College of Science and Technology
- School of Health and Welfare
- Global Leaders School
- School of Public Administration
- Undeclared Majors
- School of Science Technology, Biology and Undeclared Majors
College of Humanities
The study of humanities is devoted to the understanding of people. The College of Humanities at KNU has long played a central role in foreign studies. In addition, each department runs more diverse and differentiated international programs than any other university, demonstrating its commitment to the study of international matters.
- Department of Korean Language and Literature
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of French Language and Literature
- Department of German Language and Literature
- Department of Chinese Language and Literature
- Department of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Department of Japanese Language and Literature
- Department of Korean Literature in Classical Chinese
- Department of Russian Language and Literature
College of Social Sciences
Social Science is an academic area in which an understanding of various social phenomena is sought based on an in-depth analysis of human beings and society. The College of Social Science aims to train students who are not only faithful to their roles in society and well-harmonized with people all around the world, but who can also contribute to the development of human communities both regionally and internationally.
- Department of Political Science and Diplomacy
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Geography
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Psychology
- School of Social Welfare
- Major in Social Welfare Practice
- Major in Social Welfare Policy & Administration
- Department of Media and Communication
College of Natural Sciences
The College of Natural Sciences fosters curiosity towards the natural world by studying mathematics, physics, chemistry, life sciences, statistics, and earth system sciences. In order to be a leading world-class institution of research, the college promotes research in core areasof future national development and seeks to produce future talent among its graduates.
College of Economics & Business Administration
The College of Economics and Business Administration not only respects the challenging and creative thoughts of our students, but also aims to produce professionals with distinguished capabilities. In addition, our faculty members have been making concerted efforts towards education and active research projects that will produce even more outstanding individuals as needed in society.
College of Engineering
The College of Engineering aims to foster intellectual engineers that possess international competitiveness; who are equipped with various kinds of essential knowledge; and who have a sound and healthy mind as well as progressive capabilities as professionals.
- School of New Materials Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- Major in Mechanical Engineering
- Major in Mechanical Design
- Major in Robotics
- School of Architecture
- Department of Civil Engineering
- School of Energy Engineering
- Major in New & Renewable Energy
- Major in Energy Conversion
- Department of Polymer Science Engineering
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Textile System Engineering
- Department of Environmental Engineering
College of IT Engineering
The College of IT Engineering is home to specialized global talents that actively cope with the rapidly changing IT industry in 21C knowledge-based society. In 2010, the College of IT Engineering upgraded its own status to that of an independent college by merging Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, and Electrical Engineering.
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
The College of Agricultural and Life Science fosters outstanding talent through its competitive academic courses that pioneer the field of life health industries, and contribute to the creation of advanced technologies in fields of green environmentalism and future-oriented agro-food life sciences.
- School of Applied Life Science
- School of Food Science
- School of Forest Science & Landscape
- School of Agricultural Civil & Bio-industrial Machinery Engineering
- Department of Horticultural Science
- Department of Bio-fibers and Materials Science
- Department of Food and Resource Economics
- Department of Farm Management
College of Music and Visual Arts
The College of Music and Visual Arts seeks to educate the “whole person” by producing creative artists who will explore truth through the arts, and who will become leaders in their chosen disciplines. The college also fosters global talent by providing various international programs.
The Teachers’ College has been at the heart of secondary education and academic research in Korea for over 70 years. The College is proud of its graduates who maintain the highest pass rate in employment examinations for secondary school teachers every year.
- School of European language Education
- Department of History Education
- Department of Geography Education
- Department of Social Studies Education
- Department of Physics Education
- Department of Chemistry Educaion
- Department of Biology Education
- Department of Earth Science Educaion
- Department of Education
- Department of Korean Language and Literature Education
- Department of English Education
- Department of Ethics Education
- Department of Mathematics Education
- Department of Home Economics Education
- Department of Physical Education
College of Medicine
The College of Medicine aims to produce doctors capable of carrying out primary health care in an outstanding manner and creating innovative solutions for health concerns and medical problems in society.
College of Dentistry
As the only dental education institute in the Daegu-Gyeongbuk region, the mission of the KNU College of Dentistry is to produce outstanding dentists who can contribute to the field of dental science by upholding an academic-tradition of excellence, providing the best oral health care service to the community, and maintaining humanity and humbleness through active medical volunteer activities.
College of Veterinary Medicine
The College of Veterinary Medicine aims to train highly competent professionals in the field of life science and life welfare promotion by providing education, practicum, and research activities based on the diagnosis and treatment of illness in animals.
College of Human Ecology
The College of Human Ecology was established to study human development and the environment with the aim of improving the quality of human life for the betterment and overall well-being of humankind, thereby allowing people to realize their personal and social self-development.
College of Nursing
The College of Nursing was established to train professional nurses and nursing researchers with world-class research capabilities who can contribute to the development of the nursing knowledge system in the spirit of serving mankind.
College of Pharmacy
The College of Pharmacy was established in 2010 in a bid to train industrial pharmacy professionals who practice global pharmaceutical research; clinical pharmacists who possess enhanced pharmaceutical skills and vocational ethics; and talented, dedicated, and highly responsible pharmacy professionals.
College of Ecology and Environmental Science
The College of Ecology and Environmental Science aims to contribute to the creation of new future-oriented, eco-friendly technologies, as well as to the reinforcement of research capacities in unexplored domains of ecology and environmental science, livestock biotechnology, and leisure sports. It also aspires to cultivate students who will lead the symbiotic future of nature and human beings.
- School of Ecology & Environmental System
- School of Ecological Environment & Eco-tourism
- Department of Entomology
- Department of tourism
- Department of Leisure Sports
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Animal Biotechnology
- Department of Horse/Companion and Wild Animal Science
College of Science and Technology
In order to foster students equipped with professional and cutting-edge scientific knowledge that meets the needs of the industry, the College of Science and Technology provides coursesthat combine theory with practice,as well as various other programs geared towards creating future industry leaders.
- School of Disaster Prevention and Environmental Engineering
- School of Automotive Engineering
- School of Textile & Fashion design
- School of Convergence & Fusion System Engineering
- School of Nano & Materials Science and Engineering
- Department of Precision Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Computer Software
- Department of Food and Food Service Industry
- Department of Dental Hygienics
- School of Computer Information
School of Health and Welfare
In our modern society, citizens demand better and more diverse forms of social welfare. The KNU School of Health and Welfare helps nurture students with professional skills and knowledge convergence through courses that focus on theory as well as practice.
Global Leaders School
With a view to foster global leaders in various fields, the Global Leaders School provides unique liberal arts courses to help students acquire foreign language skills, global sensitivity, and gain experience through leadership programs and volunteer work.
School of Public Administration
The School of Public Administration was established in 1971 to foster professional managers who will lead regional and national development. By 2012, more than 100 graduates had passed national administration, legislation, and bar exams. The school of public administration is the only undergraduate program which provides Pre-Law courses. Our courses focus on English, management, and analyzing techniques.
The Undeclared major enables students who are unsure of their study paths to explore their interests in the first year of studies before deciding on their major in the second year.
School of Science Technology, Biology and Undeclared Majors
For students who have yet to decidetheir major, the School of Science Technology, Biology and Undeclared Majors enables students to explore their interests and various options in the first year of studies and decide on their major in their second year.