2022 Spring Semester IWC Academic Writing & Presentation Seminar (For International Graduate Students)
2022 IWC Academic Writing & Presentation Seminar (For International Graduate Students)
In order to improve the academic English writing and presentation skills of graduate students, 2022 IWC Academic Writing & Presentation Seminar will be held as follows.
1. Schedule: April 26, 2022 (Tue) to May 31, 2022 (Tue), 6 weeks
2. Course Hours: Every Tuesday from 12:00 to 13:00 (6 times in total)
3. Number of Attendants: 136 international graduate students (Master’s and Doctor’s) currently enrolled at KNU
※ If the number of applicants is larger than expected, priority will be given to freshmen.
※ After the first seminar for international graduate students, the second seminar for Korean graduate students will be held from June.
4. Method of Course: Online/Offline
- Select Online/Offline when filling out an application
- Zoom link will be sent individually by e-mail after the application period.
5. How to Apply: Complete Google Form (https://forms.gle/kZm1CDHR9zAQAzu56)
6. Application Period: April 13, 2022 (Wed) 9:00 to April 22, 2022 (Fri) 23:59
7. Lecturer: Zachary Thomas, Visiting Professor of English Language & Literature
8. Seminar Schedule and Topics
- Cultivating a Successful Mindset for Completing Your Project
- Project Management
- Introduction to Academic Writing
- Introduction to Academic Research
- Resources for Academic Writing
- First Steps, Writing a Proposal
- Generating a Main Idea
- Writing Your Thesis – Title, Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Research, Conclusion
- Handling Professional Criticism
- Revising Your Thesis
- Delivering an Academic Presentation
- Preparing a PPT or presentation for your thesis
- Understanding Expectations – Proposal vs. Defense
- Thesis Defense: Planning, Preparing, Executing Answering Questions Confidently
- Final Thoughts
9. Contact: Ms. Sangeun Park (email@example.com, 053-950-2414)