JavaScript 를 사용할 수 없습니다.
일부 콘텐츠가 정상적으로 작동하지 않을 가능성이 있습니다.


  • 글씨크기확대
  • 글자크기기본
  • 글씨크기축소
  • 인쇄


D-2 Visa for Students

D-2 visa is for an individual who seeks to earn a degree or conduct a specific study (ie. student exchange) at a college or a university in Korea. It is an individual student’s responsibility to obtain the correct visa needed to attend KNU.


How to Apply

  • Applicant : the person himself/herself
  • Where to apply : Local embassy or the consulate of the Republic of Korea

Required Documents

  1. Passport
  2. Application for Visa Issuance
  3. Certificate of Admission
  4. Certificate of the latest scholastic Achievement
  5. Bank Statement or Certificate of Scholarship


Students with D-2 visa who need to stay in Korea longer than their visiting period are required to apply for visa extension.

For completion of degree program


Students who have visited for academic or research purposes in a minor college or higher level of educational academic institute.

Required Documents

  1. Application form
  2. Alien Registration Card
  3. Certificate of residence
  4. Certificate of enrollment
  5. Transcript at KNU
  6. Tuition payment receipt or certificate of scholarship
  7. Bank statement (with the balance of US$ 3,000 or more) or certificate of scholarship
  8. Application fee (KRW 60,000)

For Thesis Preparation


Students who have to unavoidably stay in Korea for an extended period due to the failure to pass thesis review within the designated stay period. Extension for thesis preparation is eligible up to 2 years (1 year for master’s degree)

Required Documents

  1. Application form
  2. Passport
  3. Alien Registration Card
  4. Recommendation from professor showing details of thesis teaching, process, future schedule for review, and the reason for recommendation
  5. Certificate of Completion (Applicable for Chinese students)
  6. Fee (KRW30,000)

For Job Searching Activity


Bachelor’s degree holders with GPA of 3.0 or higher, or master’s or higher degree holders recommended by a professor.

Required Documents

  1. Application form
  2. Passport
  3. Alien Registration Card
  4. Certificate of Graduation
  5. Transcript
  6. Plan for job searching activity

Required documents may change depending on individual circumstances. For further information, please contact Daegu Immigration Office

Tel. 1345 (no area code) Source of Information: Hi Korea go site